ACQUISITION ADVISORY CASE STUDY
Client: Global Indemnity plc (NASDAQ: GBLI)
Objective: Expand Global Indemnity’s book of specialized property business and agricultural business in the United States through the acquisition of an insurance carrier.
Our Process: Led by a senior advisor, Merger & Acquisition Services undertook the following initiatives:
- Identified a company that focused on the lines of business which complimented GBLI’s current business mix through market analysis.
- Worked hand in hand with the client’s internal senior executive team to review the Target Company and its historical performance.
- Organized a Senior Management meeting between GBLI, the Target and Seller, including their relevant advisors.
- Assisted our client in the due diligence process and reviewing deal material.
- Initiated due diligence process by collecting relevant data on each company and working with the client to review the materials
- Worked with the client to develop market comps and valuation analysis.
- Assisted in negotiating the terms of the transaction and subsequently consummating a transaction.
Result: GBLI acquires American Reliable Insurance Company from Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) for $114,000,000 in a transaction with an enterprise value of approximately $394,000,000.